Ordering of both custom-made services and premade viral vectors from the repository has to be done through the Ordering System of the VVF.
Prior to ordering, users need to be registered. Only PIs are allowed to register themselves. Group members need to be registered by their PI.
While purchases from the repository are organized as a shopping cart system, custom-made services include a request, consultation and an offer that needs to be accepted. Please have a look below on the details of how to use the ordering system.
Registration and using the online ordering system
- PI (person responsible for paying the bills) registers
- PI initiates the registration of group members (GMs) by providing their names and an e-mail address
- group members need to finish their registration themselves
Ordering from the repository
- the repository works as a shopping cart system
- all registered users can order from the repository
Ordering of a custom-made service
- PI defines a project and adds as many of his registered GMs as required
- PI or GMs add a job request to a project
- VVF and PI/GM get in contact for a consultation
- VVF prepares and uploads an offer
- PI and GMs comment an offer if required
- PI accepts offer (the non-binding job request becomes a binding order)
- VVF initiates the production and provides status updates about the progress
- VVF completes the production
- VVF ships the goods or let them be collected
- VVF sets status of the order to completed
- VVF instructs the ETH Zurich invoice office to issue the invoice