Services offered by the Viral Vector Facility
The VVF offers the following services:
- premade AAV viral vectors (repository)
- custom-made viral vectors
- molecular biology services
Viral Vector Repository
Premade AAV viral vectors are available as 50 μl aliquots from our repository.
Due to the limited stability of lentiviral and γ-retroviral vectors, these kind of viral vectors can not be offered via our repository.
Custom-made viral vectors
The VVF currently offers the production of the following viral vectors on a custom-made basis:
- single-stranded and self-complementary adenovirus-associated virus (AAV) vectors
- lentiviral (LV) vectors
- γ-retrovirus (RV) vectors
Molecular biology services
The molecular biology services available at the VVF cover:
- cloning (custom-made plasmids)
- amplification of plasmids (e. g. cloned by customer, obtained from a collaborator, stab culture ordered from Addgene)
- large scale amplification of plasmids (up to 100 mg)
Amplification of plasmids is not limited to viral vector plasmids. More information about the molecular biology services can be found here.
All of the molecular biology services have to be ordered via our Ordering System.